Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

When you put down, Sarah Palin, you put down me and others!


So another weekend of attacking Sarah Palin for...for being considered by others as a candidate for President. Or maybe it is for being a mom. Or maybe its for owning and using guns or maybe...enough already.

Whether you would like her as presidential candidate or not, media please note how she resembles many women I know. Media please note that when you put her down, you insult all women. Media please note, how irrelevant you are becoming. You are following Mrs. Palin, because she won't grant you status to know her schedule. If I were less of a lady, I would ask "who's your Momma now?"

So here is my news flash, like Mrs Palin:
* I am a business woman with a family
* I use my husbands last name
* I value my rights, as enumerated in the Constitution including my right to carry a gun
* I am intelligent and, at times successful
* I try to live my Christian values
* I don't think that the media should have the right to know or to tell me what I should think, do or consider
* I have helped my husband maintain a small business
* I care about men and women, born and unborn
* I did not abdicate my intelligence by wearing a tiara

Unlike Mrs. Palin, I have not been as consistent over time in living my beliefs. I started living my beliefs much later in my life.

To the Sarah Palins and Michele Bachmanns of the world--thank you for your consistency, your values and your example for young and old women. Thank you for showing that marriage and a family is possible with a successful, public minded career.

To the press, this is how I define feminism--achieving your dreams regardless of your gender without having to be less of a woman, or a democrat.

Run ladies, run!

2 comments:

  1. Great article!

    Heads up on the typo below.

    * I am intelligence <---typo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous. Editing greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete