Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Oh How I Miss the Press from the Bush Days

Oh how I miss the press of the Bush years. Oh how I miss the daily body counts from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Oh how I miss the daily updates on the price of gasoline.

Apparently, the press only is passionate about these issues when the President is a Republican.

So let me do their job for them. Since President Obama took office 1,549* American heroes have been killed. Funny how my neighbor who always had the body count listed on a sign on her doorstep, updated daily, addressed to President Bush, seems to have lost that sign.

Just since 2009, the price of gasoline on the East coast has risen over $1.50 per gallon, despite the fact that the price of crude oil has not followed the same rate of growth.** Where are the reports on how much oil money is donated to the Democrat party in general, to Obama's campaign specifically. Interesting how no one mentions that the oil industry has always been more generous to Democrat politicians.

The press regaled us with pictures of our fallen heroes being unloaded from planes at Dover AFB, reminded us of each military suicide. Where is the outrage with these tragedies?

I wish for a world of fairness and impartiality. I guess these really aren't tragedies to the left, just useful tools.

*icasualties.org
**U S Energy Information Administration

2 comments:

  1. Did your neighbor really have a sign in front of her house? And its gone now.. wow.

    ReplyDelete